Monday, August 27, 2012

A Bittersweet Anniversary - Dad

Today's anniversary is a bittersweet one.  It seems so hard to believe that it was one year ago that Dad went home to be with His Lord.  This year has been a whirlwind one to say the least.

Dad, there is hardly a day that goes by that I do not mention your name, remember something about you, look at something that reminds me of you.  Just yesterday for example, I was approaching an intersection and there were two big rigs (18 wheelers, aka Semi-Trailers) - one was stopped and one was coming across the bridge and I stopped several meters before the stop sign to allow the rigs lots of room to drive by and around.  The one guy gave me a big wave of thanks and I immediately thought, "Dad would be proud."

And on Sunday Mom was talking about how Dad could park our trailer in any site in the campground - the people would stand around and watch in awe of his manoeuvre skills.  An amazing Dad, my Father!  A man of many talents.

Love you Dad and miss you and in my heart forever!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Jack, we will miss you, taken from us too soon.
    Rest assured, your spirit lives on in your daughter. I often remark to Brenda that I see her Dad in many activities and expressions. Just another way we can hold you close to our hearts.

    ReplyDelete