Monday, October 17, 2011

Apartment Gardener "Al" - Visualizing Next Year's Masterpiece

When I wrote my last blog about our new Rose "Jack", I mentioned our neighbour Al and how he continues to work his wonder on the garden at the apartment building where my parents live, since moving there and leaving his house.  Well, alas, I was just going through some more of my pictures from our recent trip to Canada and discovered a perfect picture, showing Al doing what he does best - tending to the garden.


I said to mom recently, "I do not know how he gets through the colder months of the year, not being able to garden", but then I had an epiphany, he probably visualizes what it will be like next year and that keeps him going.


A good lesson for us all, I reckon--to be setting those goals and to be reaching for something not yet achieved, rather than just staying at status quo.  I know that Peter and I have a few dreams and we are dedicated to keeping them alive until we see them come true.  How about you?

1 comment:

  1. That's lovely Bren & how wise. I love the way you have brought out the thought from a 'story' of a neighbour & the photo is great too.

    Yes Pete & I have dreams & we are pursuing those too. All in God's timing, of course. We need to trust & obey & let God do His thing!

    ReplyDelete