Friday, May 27, 2011

My Faith Journey Part 1

Wow....these past few weeks have been a journey of stretching my faith.


In case you may not know, I discovered that I had an incisional hernia a few weeks ago and required surgery.  We are blessed to live in a part of the world that benefits from a great health system and hernia repair surgeries these days are probably a dime a dozen and often times, it is day surgery or an overnight admission at best.


Well, I really did not want to be another dime.  I was hoping and praying for a miracle - a supernatural one.  My husband Peter has great faith and he, too, stood in agreement with me and his faith was unwavering.......more than mine sometimes.


In the end, I was another dime as surgery went ahead and on this occasion, God chose to use medicine and the health professionals to fix up my hernia, and the surgery ended up being a bit more extensive in the end, too - I got a two night hospital (hotel) stay!


Over the next few blog entries I would like to share with you a bit more of my journey, my personal testimony and how God showed up and ministered to me in a personal way.


This morning is a perfect example.  After a bit of a restless night's sleep, I came into my office for a bit of quiet and reflective time and God brought to my remembrance this absolutely beautiful hymn and He washed over me with His love and amazing peace and comfort.


The lyrics are below and I have included a youtube link for your listening pleasure, too.







My Jesus I Love Thee I Know Thou Art Mine Hymn


My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.


I love Thee because Thou has first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree.
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.


I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.


In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

No comments:

Post a Comment